Apply for Aid
Begin by Filing Your FAFSA
There are many ways to apply. The fastest is electronically. The form can also be downloaded and printed.
Paper copies are available at many high schools and colleges or can be obtained by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
You’ll Need Some Information First
You will need to gather some information and documentation to apply for financial aid. Gathering this information prior to beginning the application process is recommended. Here’s what’s required:
- Your Social Security Number and your parents’ Social Security Numbers, if you are providing parent information
- Your driver’s license number, if you have one
- Your Alien Registration Number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information of tax returns, including W-2 information, for yourself and your spouse (if married) and for your parents if you are providing parent information, using income records for the year prior to the academic year for which you are applying
- Records of your untaxed income, such as social Security benefits, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), and veterans benefits. Include your parents’ records if you are providing parent information; Also, include information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for you and your parents (if you are providing parent information)